I've been tagged in a Blog Meme by Misster Kitty. And far be it from me to ignore a tag. (it just goes to show you that even when I'm flying under the radar, I'm still keeping tabs on all my friends blogs.)
So, here we go. 7 things you may not have known about me, and maybe could've lived without knowing about me. ;)
1. I'm a compulsive nail-biter. It's disgusting. My hands are a mess, and a hand model I will never be. I've tried to stop, but I think I need to seek professional help. Anyone know a good hypnotist? (...and a cheap one at that.)
2. I was a virgin til age 22. What else is there to say about that? It's random. It's a fact and yeah. In retrospect I could've waited longer.
3. I am a perfect 6 on the Kinsey Scale; I have never, ever had even the slightest desire to be with a woman. Even though my first kiss was with a girl. (That kind of sealed the deal.)
4. I do not remember my final semester of high school in the months that followed my dad's death. It's a complete blank. I remember going to my graduation, but that's about it.
5. I have a collection (with Ted) of over 1400 CD's. We have long since run out of places to put them.
6. I've stopped watching television dramas because I can't bare to have them cancelled. I get so attached to the characters that I literally mourn their loss. My favourite soap opera was cancelled in 1996 and I still miss it. ("The City", on ABC -formerly "Loving")
7. I have trouble peeing in a public bathroom. I count in two's and imagine spiders on the wall to try to make myself pee.
And an 8th just for good measure: I hate tomatoes, but routinely enjoy tomato sauce, ketchup, salsa, and sun-dried tomato concocted things.
I'm not tagging anyone, but I would be interested to see what Jerome or Keltie would come up with. Hint Hint.... but no obligation.
Song of the day, is a dirty ol' gem by Prince from the Purple Rain soundtrack. Y'gotta love "Darling Nikki".
I knew a girl named Nikki
I guess u could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby
Masturbating with a magazine
She said how'd u like 2 waste some time
And I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind
She took me 2 her castle
And I just couldn't believe my eyes
She had so many devices
Everything that money could buy
She said sign your name on the dotted line
The lights went out
And Nikki started 2 grind
The castle started spinning
Or maybe it was my brain
I can't tell u what she did 2 me
But my body will never be the same
Her lovin' will kick your behind
Oh, she'll show u no mercy
But she'll sho'nuff sho'nuff show u how 2 grind
Woke up the next morning
Nikki wasn't there
I looked all over and all I found
Was a phone number on the stairs
It said thank u 4 a funky time
Call me up whenever u want 2 grind
Oh, Nikki, ohhhh
Come back Nikki, come back
Your dirty little Prince
Wanna grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind