Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Quick Brown Fox...


...Jumped over the lazy dogs.



'Just got an e-mail from my dear friend Jeff, who quite naturally wanted to know "who got the dogs?" in our separation. It's quite silly of me to not have mentioned it, but likewise one could assume that since I wasn't lamenting their absence that Ted and I had agreed on a mutually beneficial arrangement. We are doing the "shared custody" thing. One week at my place; one week at his, because really... the boys belong together no matter who they're with and both Ted and I would rather miss them both for a week at a time than to miss one of them all the time. Our babies are still our babies even though their daddies live apart. It's incredibly sad, and it brings up a lot of emotion for me. But Porthos and Cole are a comforting presence in my life when I have them, and hopefully equally comforting to Ted when they're in his loving care.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy... when skies are grey. You'll never know dears, how much I love you... Please don't take my sunshine away."

1 comment:

Sean Newbury said...

OMG I'm in tears! Really I am... why did you have to add the song at the end?

But it's true... it's the children that come first... our happiness is only secondary...

Seems they are rtather happy with the new digs tho... I'm just gonna assume they are wiped from the move... ;-)