Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pole Riders, Eat Shitake, Wall Bangers, Rotating Surfboard of Death

Ok, ok... bad blogger. Very, very bad blogger. Ten lashes with a wet noodle.

I've been neglectful... absent... downright deadbeat I tells ya. My little blog child lays crying in it's own filth. What few readers I have have been forced to set up a chat room in my last post. You all deserve more. More I say.

And all I really want to talk about is the funniest episode EVER of MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge). It's the "Sorority Sisters" episode featuring ever-so-briefly Mitchell Paul, the Liposucteur. It's sexist. It's crude. It's clever and in a way, it's lowest common denominator humour. I can watch just about any episode of this show over and over and always find something hysterical. The whole concept is made up of a real-life Asian game show/reality series called "Takeshi's Castle", over-dubbed in English and treated like sports commentary of a bonafide Olympic-type event. It's VERY slapstick, yet verbally, you have to be paying very close attention so as not to miss the tiniest of details that make it "laugh til it hurts" funny.

Want an example? Here's a five-minute best-of clip. Click THIS!

Oh and one more... from my sweet Ted's favourite event: "Log Droppers"
And just in case I baffled you with the title of this entry... those are the enticing names of just a few of the events on this brilliant show.

I promise to be more bloggy soon my friends. Call it a bit of a summer hiatus.

No song today... 'cause I'm lazy.

1 comment:

Sean Newbury said...

MOST EXCELLENT!... Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Me and Didier watched and didn't know whether to laugh or keep screaming OUCH!

LURV IT!