Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vampire Slayer

My Halloween costume is coming together nicely. Today I'm in full makeup. It's hilarious. My friend Melanie did it for me. My beard has been darkened with black powder, and I'm wearing black eye-liner and mascara. I look hot if I do say so myself. My eyelashes look so long!! It's wild!
I could get hooked on this makeup thing. I've never ever worn any. Today was just a test run to see if I would like it, and to see if it will suit my "Vampire Slayer" costume, which it will, perfectly.

The ensemble is going to include spiking my hair, the long black coat I bought on Saturday, black t-shirt, 2 wooden stakes I whittled myself, a gold crucifix, a pair of black leather Doc boots I'm borrowing from a friend of a friend, and more black leather... a shitload of black leather really. Leather pants, leather cop gloves, and leather wrist bands. I'm quoting myself when I say, this costume is going to be "Hyper Masculine... and Uber Gay". I'm looking forward to rockin' it with confidence.

This is my first "real" Halloween costume since I was a kid. Every other effort I've made has been just thrown together and lame. This year, I just want to have fun. It's sexy. I feel pretty good about myself, so "why not"? Halloween's past, I've always been too self-conscious to look silly or draw attention to myself. This year is going to be about having fun with everyone else by getting into the spirit.

I'm finding that makeup makes me sleepy. My eyes feel heavy, and the only thing I can attribute it to is the added weight to my eyelashes. Mel told me this stuff doesn't wash off easily. I'm not even going to bother til tonight. Which means I'm headed to volleyball, looking exactly as I do now. Should be good for a few laughs or comments. It's a gay league, so it's quite possible I won't get any strange looks.

At the very least, I'm making all of my coworkers smile today. I've been grinning at all of them when they react. Of course the guys tell me I look scary, whereas the girls for the most-part have told me I look sexy. Everyone loves the beard. I do too.

Fun stuff!

Song of the day is "New Morning" by a band called Alpha Rev. Love them. They remind me of Coldplay or Keane. This song is very uplifting. It's helped me keep my head up on an occasion or two. (click on the title to watch the video and hear the song.)

Alpha Rev "New Morning"

I don't give a damn
'Bout the castle on the hill
All the gold that we could eat,
Or the horse you had for sale
No I'm getting kinda rich on the sight of any soul alive.

I don't give a damn
If I'm running from the law
When my money's not enough
And they come and take it all
No I'm getting kinda rich on the sight of any soul alive

Have you heard the Mona Lisa?
Have you heard who you are?
You're a new morning.
You're a new morning.

Wanna be OK
When I'm sitting here alone
Not just thinking of the ways
That I could have done it wrong
No I'm getting kinda rich on the sight of any soul alive.

Have you heard the Mona Lisa?
Have you heard who you are?
You're a new morning.
You're a new morning.
You're a new morning.
Now,
You're a new morning now.

Have you heard my Mona Lisa?
Have you heard who you are?
You're a new morning.
You're a new morning.
You're a new morning.
Now,
You're a new morning now.

No comments: