Thursday, February 03, 2011

New Project Idea

Before I forget ...More for my own sake than anyone else, I want to document here that I had a pretty decent idea for a project. Though I haven't begun yet.

I want to reopen my Facebook account, dismantle it gradually and blog about it. I don't know how interesting that sounds to outside parties, but for my own sake (as I said) I'd like to take all the personal things I contributed to Facebook over the 3 or 4 years I was addicted to it, and assemble them in this forum/medium with context and sentimental value and insight. I wrote many personal things in my "notes" section, and collected wonderful quotes and reviewed books I'd read, and movies I'd seen. I was a pretty serious Facebooker. But... what good is all of that stuff when you can't search it or even access your earliest contributions?? Have you ever tried to scroll back as far as you could? It takes forever.

At any rate. All entries on that front will be tagged under the label: "Dismantling Facebook". I hope to make it commemorative, if-not exactly riveting.

And now.... bed.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Go for it! - Do the right thing.