Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Poopie-Pants: the movie

A matter-of-fact post about movies...

So, right now, I'm sitting at work waiting for 6 o'clock to roll around to meet some friends to have the most delicious burritos in the world from "Chipotle", and then hit the theatre at 7pm. The movie we're going to see is called "Pontypool" (so obviously all I can remember it as is "poopie pants"). I have to look at the voucher to remind me of the title every time I want to refer to it. It's a premiere screening, which means it's free. This alone makes me happy. "Pontypool" is an indie Canadian Zombie flick. My expectations are low. But as-always I'm trying to approach it with a willfully open minded attitude.

Last night I saw "Vicky Christina Barcelona" and LOVED it. Strangely enough, I'm quite convinced it was my very first Woody Allen movie. (no, he wasn't in this one) My friend Scott is quite the (W.A.) fan, and has been wanting to see it. I'm so glad he included me. The narration was a little distracting at first, but once I realized the director's commentary wasn't turned-on, (and yes, I was in need of convincing) I was quickly immersed in a brief patch of the lives of some very neurotic, richly envisioned (real) characters. And I could relate to almost every one of them in varying degrees. The male lead, played by Javier Bardem, was the most deliciously, well-rounded, loving, and wise character with the healthiest, most realistic view of life and relationships I've ever seen. And Penelope Cruz who plays his passionately unstable ex-wife actually managed to make me forgive her for "Vanilla Sky". She really is good in this film. At any rate, I loved the non-traditional theme and the cinematography, and music as well. I'll be purchasing this one to watch and share for sure.

More later maybe. If I'm not a zombie.

No comments: